Ninamori is one of Naota’s schoolmates. Her father, who happens to be the mayor, has been accused of having an affair with his secretary. Ninamori has also put Naota unwillingly into the lead role of the school play. Naota has even weirder shapes coming out of his head!
The father of Naota's classmate, Eri Ninamori, who is also the mayor of Mabase, is caught up in a scandal involving an alleged separation with her mother over having a mistress. Ninamori is more focused on the class' upcoming play, Puss in Boots, in which she plays the lead opposite Naota, who was voted to play the cat. Naota is unenthusiastic about his casting and skips the day's rehearsal. Upon meeting with Mamimi, she discovers that he now has cat ears growing from his head. Ninamori retreats to a train station to get away from the media circus that has developed outside her home, where Naota finds her. Haruko comes racing down the street, and falls off her Vespa when she swerves to avoid hitting a cat. The Vespa slams into Naota, knocking him into Ninamori and revealing his cat ears to her.
Kamon invites her to spend the night at the Nandaba residence due to the current turmoil at her home, and while in Naota's room, she reveals that she rigged the class votes to have him cast as the cat and herself as the Marquis. The next day, the two get into an argument over the play. After Ninamori angrily reveals Naota's cat ears, he retaliates by revealing her vote rigging. This triggers the emergence of a massive creature from her head, which Haruko and Canti manage to defeat with the help of curry. The class goes through with the play.
Opening song: "Instant Music"
Ninamori sees Kamon at store: "Sad Sad Kiddie"
Haruko causes car-wreck: "Runners High"
Curry dinner: "Selfish"
Ninamori washing: "Carnival"
Ninamori sitting on Naota’s bed: "Stalker"
Ninamori’s robot: "Advice"
Robot chases Canti: "Yorii Gallop"
Canti eats Naota: "Little Busters"
- Original Concept: GAINAX
- Executive Producers: Toshimichi Ohtsuki, Mitsuhisa Ishikawa, Hiroyuki Yamaga
- Planning: Hirotaka Takase, Masatoshi Nishizawa, Hiroki Sato
- Naota Nandaba: Jun Mizuki
- Haruko Haruhara: Mayumi Shintani
- Mamimi Samejima: Izumi Kasagi
- Kamon Nandaba: Suzuki Matsuo
- Shigekuni Nandaba: Hiroshi Ito
- Eri Ninamori: Mika Itou
- Gaku Manabe: Sho Miyajima
- Masashi Masamune: Kazuhito Suzuki
- Junko Miyaji: Yukari Fukui
- Miyu Miyu: Hideaki Anno (uncredited)
- Secretary: Yuriko Yamaguchi
- Takkun: Jun Mizuki
- Naota Nandaba: Barbara Goodson
- Haruko Haruhara: Kari Wahlgren
- Mamimi Samejima: Jennifer Sekiguchi
- Kamon Nandaba: Joe Martin
- Shigekuni Nandaba: Steve Kramer
- Eri Ninamori: Melissa Fahn
- Gaku Manabe: R. Martin Klein
- Masashi Masamune: Steven Blum
- Junko Miyaji: Jessica Straus
- Miyu Miyu: Steven Blum
- Secretary: Jessica Straus
- Takkun: Barbara Goodson
- During the scene where Mayor Ninamori's Secretary escapes, the brawl amongst the press has several black-and-white photos of men's faces inserted in place of animated faces. Due to the lower quality of the crowded background, only a few faces are shown between the alternating frames.